Hello. I am a Canadian Certified Counsellor (CCC) in Alberta and a Registered Psychotherapist (RP) in Ontario. I have been providing counselling & psychotherapy services since 2009, starting in Southern California where I earned my Master’s Degree in Counselling Psychology. I have worked with a variety of individuals such as lawyers, executives, nurses, physicians, public servants, post-secondary students, performers, people who are required to attend therapy for different reasons, teenagers, families, groups, and others. Currently I work with individual adults living in either Alberta or Ontario. I take a non-judgmental and non-pathologizing approach to my work, and my style is professional, intelligent, and compassionate. I think we all experience various emotional or behavioural problems from time to time, and that the role of psychotherapy / counselling can be to support someone in their difficult challenge of moving in the direction of a more satisfying, peaceful, and fulfilling life.
My Education & Experience
- Canadian Certified Counsellor (CCC) — Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association (CCPA)
- Counselling Therapist (CT) — Association of Counselling Therapy of Alberta (ACTA)
- Registered Psychotherapist (RP) — College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO)
- Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor (LPCC) — California Board of Behavioral Sciences (BBS)
- Master‘s degree (MA) in Counselling Psychology, National University, San Diego, California
- MBA, Schulich School of Business, York University
- Bachelor of Education (Biology / Kinesiology minors), McGill University
- Undergraduate / Continuing Education coursework in philosophy at University of Toronto and Chapman University
Select Professional Development Areas (Present, Past, Highlights)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) Training
- Certified Clinical Trauma Professional (CCTP)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Infidelity & Couple issues
- Emotional Manipulation / Emotional Abuse
- Mediation Certification (2009)
- Career Counselling
- Anger Management
Counselling Experience / Training
- Cleveland Clinic Canada (downtown Toronto)
- Southern California Counseling Center (Los Angeles, California)
- North County Lifeline – Juvenile Diversion / Mandated Adult Groups (Vista, California)
- Fertility Counseling Services (Los Angeles, California)
- Mira Costa College (Vista, California)
- Private Psychotherapy Practice (Toronto)
Memberships (Counselling and Otherwise)
- Mensa Canada
- International Society for Ethical Psychology and Psychiatry (ISEPP)
- California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (CAMFT)
- ACEs Connection (ACEs=Adverse Childhood Experiences)
- Ontario Society of Registered Psychotherapists (OSRP)
- Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association (CCPA)
Business Experience (prior to my Counselling career)
- Senior Market Research Project Manager at Ipsos Reid
- Proposal Writer / Analyst at In-Sync Consumer Insight Corp.
- Fitness Leadership and Program Management at the YMCA
Reach out to me today!
Please complete the form below to schedule an appointment.
I will try my best to accommodate your request and will be in touch ASAP.