1. Will my benefits / private health insurance plan cover the session fees?
Plans that cover the services of a Canadian Certified Counsellor (CCC) typically cover my counselling services. I am also a Counselling Therapist (CT) but it will likely be some time until plans cover this title. If you have any questions about your counselling coverage I can try to help you understand your plan, and ultimately you can consider asking your insurer.
2. What are your hours for sessions?
Monday to Thursday: Sessions are available during the daytime (8am to 4pm) or early evening (6pm).
Friday: Sessions are available during the day (8am to 3pm).
3. How do I book an appointment?
Some people email ([email protected]) or call me (403.270.2386) with questions before deciding to schedule a first appointment. Some people just email or call me ([email protected] or 403.270.2386) to book an appointment.
4. What is the fee for a session?
The fee for each 45-minute virtual session (secure video, secure audio, secure text, or phone) is $140. When in-person sessions resume in downtown Calgary, the fee is $150.
If you are facing financial difficulty please feel free to ask about a “sliding scale” rate as this is common in therapy settings.
Most people pay with a credit card but if you require another payment form please feel free to ask me about this.
5. Do you offer in-person counselling services?
Later in 2021 I expect to again offer in-person sessions, at 350 7 Ave SW, Calgary (downtown near the CTrain and Stephen Avenue).
6. Where can I get more information?
Please feel free to contact me if you have any other questions at all. Also, other sources of information include The:
- International Society for Ethical Psychology and Psychiatry: Views the experience of “mental illness” as a natural human reaction to extraordinary and painful life circumstances. Is dedicated to humane ways of helping people who struggle with the difficult issues that arise in life. Note, I am a member of ISEPP and have volunteered with them in the past.
- Association of Counselling Therapy of Alberta (ACTA): https://www.acta-alberta.ca/
- Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association
Please note that this page is neither counselling nor counselling therapy. If you need these services, please contact me or another professional. If urgent support is needed, calling Calgary Distress Centre at 403.266.4357 is an option. For emergencies, consider calling 911 or going to your local Emergency Room. This page is for information only, is not advice, and implies neither an intent to provide professional services to readers nor that a professional relationship has been established with readers. Current adult residents of the Canadian province of Alberta are the only intended audience of this page.